What if Nothing Works? Questions about Manifesting...

By Nancy Rynes, author of Awakenings from the Light 


Recently, I had a reader ask this question:

I read both of your blog posts about manifesting, which were so wonderful. My question is... What if you do EVERYTHING the books, speakers, blogs, authors, motivational speaker say to do including releasing it to God and NOTHING EVER manifests for you? You watch and read about all these people manifesting wonder and amazing things and you stay stuck.

Sincerely, Losing hope and very frustrated...


I'm so sorry that things aren't working out the way you had hoped. I think that happens to pretty much everyone at one time or another. That might not make you feel better, but just know you are not alone. While I am not an expert at teaching manifesting or coaching people through roadblocks, a few things come to mind that perhaps you can think about. I'll also share some things I notice in my own life when I encounter these types of blocks.



First, stop *trying* so hard! :-)  I say this with love and a sense of humor, because we humans can get so caught up on wanting things to be just the way we think they should, in the time we think they should happen. I would suggest a "manifesting-fast" for a month or so. Stop trying. Breathe. Relax. Focus on appreciating what you do have in your life right now, as small as you think that may be. 

Next, look inside your heart and mind. What is your self-talk like? What inner words do you direct at others and yourself? You don't have to be perfect here, either in loving/appreciating yourself or being truly kind to others, but take this time to make some effort to be a little better. Clean up your inner negativity a bit and see if that helps. Rev. Edwene Gaines talks about a negativity fast, and you can read more about that here:  Negativity Fast

Another thought that comes to mind is to focus less on yourself, what you personally have or don't have in your life, or the things you want to acquire, and instead look for ways to help others. Check out the quote and the graphic, above. When your hands are open to give, they are also open to receive. I heard that idea a long time ago, in slightly different words, and love the concept because it's been so true in my life. Help others when you can, either with time, donations of money (tithing), a smile, a small kindness, or even a friendly face. Be giving with your heart and compassion, but  not out of a sense of obligation. Do it because you want to help others.

I have more ideas like this scattered throughout my book Awakenings from the Light, so if you have that available, flip through it for some ideas. Giving helps keep the flow of love and energy moving.

For myself, I tithe. I give 10% of my income to causes that I believe are doing God's work. When things seem blocked in my life, I always make sure that I have done my tithing. When the flow of energy (love, opportunities, creativity, money, kindness, etc.) is blocked, 95% of the time I haven't done my tithing. This happened just a few weeks ago in fact. It had been many weeks since I had sold an artwork and I was beginning to wonder what was going on. Then I realized I had forgotten to tithe on the last money that came in. I made my donations and I kid you not, within 2 days I sold 2 large paintings and received inquiries about 3 other paintings that may also turn into sales. I keep in mind that the money I make is ultimately God's and because of this I feel it's my responsibility to support not only myself and my family, but also those people or organizations who are doing good in service to others or our planet.

Next, ask Spirit if you are on the right path. Perhaps the roadblocks are coming into your life for a reason. Ask God, aloud, if you are on the right path, and if not, then ask to be shown what steps to take next. And I always like to add: "Make it clear and obvious to me" because sometimes I don't catch on when Spirit is trying to show me something. Wait and watch for any answers that might come, then be prepared to act.

Then when you're ready to go back to manifesting, have FuN with it! Don't make it a drudgery. Instead of reciting lists of what I want, I instead have a vision board (aka, my refrigerator!). I attach pics of what I want to attract there, out in the open where I can see it every day, and I have FUN with it. You can make a vision board on a piece of GatorBoard or cardboard, too, if you don't want to use your refrigerator. Or figure out your own, unique way to have fun visualizing your goals.

Remember to play with attracting what you want. If you make it a chore, you're sending out a negative vibe, which is exactly what you don't want. Figure out a way to make Manifesting = Play and then you'll look forward to it. For example, here in Boulder, Colorado, we received over a foot of snow last night. But I want to play with manifesting, so I'll  ask God right now to send a butterfly my way, just for fun. Let's see what happens. :-)

And a Sneak Peek...

As a Thank You, from Feb. 4 to 11, 2016, receive an almost 50% discount on the eBook/Kindle version of Awakenings from the Light at Amazon.com. Now is a great time to buy the Kindle version of the book for yourself or a friend. More details to follow...



Thank you, and Blessings...

Nancy


Posted by Nancy Rynes, author of Awakenings from the Light ( http://NancyRynes.com )



All content copyright Nancy Rynes, 2015-2016