The Divine All Around You

By Nancy Rynes, author of Awakenings from the Light


Have you ever wondered what the spiritual realms look like? 

Many people ask me if I will ever paint how the "afterlife" appeared to me during my NDE. When someone asks that question, I usually respond by saying that what I saw during my NDE was constructed for me specifically, a series of visuals designed to make me more comfortable so that I could learn and reflect without being stressed and afraid. What you would experience in a similar situation would be totally different, tailored to your needs.  Whatever I paint could never prepare you, or anyone else, for your ultimate experience. 

I also admit that I'm not very talented as an artist, at least not when compared to the Divine Creator. I have not found a way to express the incredible spiritual energy I experienced in oil paints, my primary medium for the last 20+ years. How does one show multiple layers of glowing, moving, transparent, scintillating energy underneath the surface of every flower, tree, or rock, with paints that are by nature thick, goopy, often opaque, and dull in comparison? How can physical paint portray the energy of your surroundings changing with your emotional state? How can you show the energy of love that pervades everything? The answer is that you can't, or at least I have not been successful with my attempts. The colors I experienced in the spiritual realm are unlike anything in on earth because once in that state, we're no longer physical beings bound by the limitations of the mechanics of this body. We can perceive more colors and wavelengths than our physical eyes and brains in human form can handle. Perhaps only computer-generated graphics or advanced virtual reality could begin to approximate what I experienced.

But here's a secret that you might not have heard me share: every painting I create actually does show you a little slice of the spiritual realms!
Photo of a Dandelion in dry ground
What you see around you right here and now is a part of the Divine realms. There is no fence or wall between us in the physical and those who reside in what we think of as the spiritual dimensions. We're all one, and we're all connected. We are all a part of the Divine universe even while we reside in physical bodies.

It's easy for people to overlook the beauty and divinity here in the physical world while longing for the opportunity to return "home." While our spiritual home is an incredible realm of love and light, the reason that I paint what I do is that this physical life, here and now, is a blessed, wonder-filled realm of love and opportunity as well. It's different from our spiritual home, yes, but "different" doesn't mean "worse."
photo of a beach at sunset
One of the reasons that I'm here is be a voice (on canvas) for the beauty all around us in this physical world. I want to show you how amazing and beautiful you all are, and how beautiful and full of promise this world is. Through this work, I hope I can help you appreciate the great gift in what you have here, right now.
Painting of a young girl by Nancy Rynes, called "Beauty"
Every day I step up to my easel and lay brush to canvas, I AM painting a part of the Divine realms. Whether I paint a horse, a ranch hand, a landscape, or a holy person, all are part of the Divine, as are YOU. That tree outside of your window, or the pigeon on the sidewalk, the horse running free on a Wyoming prairie, or the meadowlark singing in the early morning sunshine are all part of "heaven."
Painting of two horses running, by Nancy Rynes, called "Wild Race"

Painting of an old man in a plaid coat, by Nancy Rynes, called "The Dandy"
Take a moment right now to look  up from your screen and out a window. Find a tree, a bird, a dog/cat, or whatever is available. I don't care if the scene is "pretty" or "ugly" since those are simply human judgements anyway. Take a look at the world beyond your screen for a moment. Really look, without judgment.  You are seeing the Divine take form, right in front of you. Sit with that for a moment.
photo of Michigan Avenue in Chicago, USA
Right here, right now, this is heaven.

And if you look around don't like what you see, remember that you have the power to work toward creating a change for the better. Or you can decide to shift your attitude about it. The choice, as always, is yours.

Blessings,

Nancy

Stuff You Might Have Missed

Nancy on the TruthSeekah Podcast
**Nancy on NBC's TODAY Show**
Archive: Past Newsletter Issues 

Article: Lives Changed by NDEs (Boulder Daily Camera)

Article: Awakening to Life  (Pages 6-10, Journal of Exceptional Experiences and Psychology, Summer 2016)

Article: The Meaning of Life 

Article: The Things I Learned from Dying 
Bio: Nancy Rynes is a speaker, artist, and author of "Awakenings from the Light" (available from Amazon.com). Nancy's books and workshops teach you how to bring a little bit of Heaven to your life on Earth. She divides her time between Seattle, Washington and Tucson, AZ. Check out her website at NancyRynes.com 
Copyright © 2018 Nancy Rynes, All rights reserved.