by Nancy Rynes, author of Awakenings from the Light
This newsletter is a general response to several emails I have received in the last month from folks who are very worried about the state of the world. Their concern is understandable...the peaceful world we thought we knew seems to be changing too rapidly in ways many of us didn't anticipate. Note: if you are feeling despair, depression, and hopelessness right now, I urge you to reach out to a behavioral health professional in your area (social worker, psychologist, etc.) or perhaps a chaplain or other faith-based leader. I know some of you are struggling. If life feels too hard, seek assistance whether from a psychologist, physician, or chaplain. They are trained to help in ways I cannot. Dear Readers, You ask about what to do...how to make a difference in the nation or the world...how to survive this seemingly crazy time where people seem to be at odds and in conflict more than ever before...how to help...how to create peace, all when you feel powerless to make a difference. Truly, I cannot give you or anyone else peace. That comes from inside of you. It can be hard work but it is something you CAN achieve. I will only say that perhaps instead of focusing your efforts outward (to national/international politics), move your focus closer to home for a time. (I write a lot about this in my book Awakenings from the Light (http://NancyRynes.com) ...now I understand why this was stressed so much to me during my NDE.) My guides have asked me to pass along to you all that now is the time to strengthen your spiritual life and focus a little more on being of service closer to home. A few ideas:
- Pray, meditate, send good thoughts outward. It does help.
- If you don't have one, create and maintain a spiritual practice for yourself. It doesn't have to be complicated, just consistent.
- Strengthen your bonds within your local community (whatever those bonds are for you).
- Go on a video/audio news fast for 3 weeks (instead, get your news ONLY by reading online or in newspapers).
- Be of service in your circle of family, friends, neighbors, or community (not politically though, if that causes too much distress).
- Be of service in ways that stir your heartstrings, not your anger. You need a heartwarming experience right now. Go cuddle babies at the local NICU, or walk dogs at your local animal shelter. Bring groceries to an elderly neighbor, or knit hats for the homeless. There are many other ways to help locally.
- Practice gratitude for what you DO have in your life instead of focusing on all of the "bad" stuff happening "out there."
- Learn to connect with the Divine, your own spiritual guides, or Higher Guidance (but remember to ALWAYS protect yourself first).
Stuff You Might Have MissedArticle: The Meaning of Life (https://excellencereporter.com/2016/12/06/nancy-rynes-what-is-the-meaning-of-life/) Article: The Things I Learned from Dying (http://regeneratemagazine.com/2015/10/the-things-i-learned-from-dying/)
Posted by Nancy Rynes, author of Awakenings from the Light
( http://NancyRynes.com )
All content copyright Nancy Rynes, 2015-2016
Bio: Nancy Rynes is a speaker, artist, and author of "Awakenings from the Light" (available from Amazon.com). Nancy's books and workshops teach you how to bring a little bit of Heaven to your life on Earth. She lives near Seattle, Washington. Check out her website: NancyRynes.com
Copyright © 2017 Nancy Rynes, All rights reserved.