Being Yourself


By Nancy Rynes, author of Awakenings from the Light 

"Be Yourself. Everyone else is already taken." ~Oscar Wilde





Every person on this planet has his or her own song to sing. We each have been gifted with a unique way of being in this world, with a one-of-a-kind presence and energy, too. Those are inherent qualities of being one spark of the Divine, a microcosm of the Divine Creation.

It's tough to be different in this society. From the time we're kids, most of us just want to fit in, disappear into the crowd, and to think and be just like everyone else. Some are terrified of the grandness of the being inside that is just waiting to be unleashed, to shine her or his true colors to the world. Others are taught that fitting in is safer and easier that giving voice to who we truly are.

From the time I was a child, I knew I didn't quite fit in. I felt I was a little different, a black sheep, and a bit of a rebel at times. I asked "Why?" a lot, which I'm sure drove my parents crazy (they told me so, many years later :-) ). I had no fears about challenging the pastor of our church with tough questions like  "Why can't women be priests? After all, Mary Magdalene was one of Jesus' most loyal followers. Why can't priests marry? Many of Jesus' disciples were married." Both I and my parents were called into his office later that where he tried to instill in me the need to just believe whatever he said. It didn't work.

My parents put me in public school the next autumn.


Later, starting in graduate school, I went through a period where all I wanted was to fit in and to have the life everyone else did. Unfortunately, following that path didn't lead exactly where I thought it would. Because I was denying my true self, I felt miserable and didn't know how to achieve happiness again. 

Misery comes, in part, from the lies we tell ourselves. We may try to convince ourselves that the crowd is the best place to be when, in fact, our soul screams for something completely different. Those lies we tell ourselves often lead to a life that doesn't quite feel right.

I didn't write about being truthful in my book. It was a part of the messages I learned in Heaven, just not explicitly stated by my Guide. After my NDE, though, I came to understand that being truly (and sometimes brutally) honest with myself was an absolute requirement in order to be the real me, and to live the life of my dreams.

If this rings true for you, I challenge you to take baby steps toward giving your beautiful, unique soul a chance to shine. The first step: be open to being different.

Pray, ask God or your angels or guides to help you simply be open to allowing your true self to shine. Ask them to help you overcome all fears and obstacles along this path. And remain open to hearing, seeing, or feeling that guidance come back to you.


Remember, you are a beautiful, loving, amazing being, just as you are right now :-)

Love and Blessings to all of you...

Nancy




Featured Events

Awakenings from the Light and Creativity
June 26, 3PM, Louisville, Colorado, a
t the Louisville, Colorado, Center for the Arts, located at 801 Grant Avenue in Memory Square Park (4 blocks west of Main Street on Spruce). Lecture, Q&A, with books sales/signing after.


Shifting Your Reality Conference

 

July 15-17, Copper Mountain, Colorado: With spiritual medium Lynn Van Pragh-Gratton, manifesting expert Ken Elliott, and me, Nancy Rynes, NDEr and author of Awakenings from the LightPlease visit this page to sign up:  Shifting Your Reality Conference.





Posted by Nancy Rynes, author of Awakenings from the Light ( http://NancyRynes.com )
All content copyright Nancy Rynes, 2015-2016
Bio: Nancy Rynes is a speaker, artist, and author of Awakenings from the Light (available from Amazon.com). Nancy's books and workshops teach you how to bring a little bit of Heaven to your life on Earth. She lives near Boulder, Colorado. Check out her website: NancyRynes.com